My FVCOM compiling adventures continue. I experienced trouble compiling FVCOM 4.0 and aside from the manual accompanying the source files, there are only a few available resources on the web.
I found these blog entries which tackles the setup of FVCOM 3.2.X.
I decided to try to set it up following the blog entries.
Here are the blog posts from Estuarine and Coastal Environment – JUN SASAKI Lab :
1. Setup FVCOM 3.2 for serial run (2014-08-21)
2. Setup FVCOM3.2.1 for serial with gfortran on Ubuntu 14.04LTS (2014-12-06)
3. Setup FVCOM 3.2 for MPI run on oakleaf-fx10 (2014-08-24)
4.FVCOM 2.6.1 on HA8000@hakozaki using Intel compilers (2014-05-18)
5.GNU Compilers on FX10 for FVCOM (2014-02-06)
6. Compile FVCOM 3.1.6 serial on Scientific Linux 6.2 (2013-11-17)
7. FVCOM on FX10 (2013-06-09)
8. MPI run of FVCOM2.6.1 on FX10@cc.u-tokyo.ac.jp (2013-05-11)
9. FVCOM2.6.1 serial compile and run on FX10@cc.u-tokyo.ac.jp (2012-10-11)
10. FVCOM MPI Run with METIS Libraries on HA8000 (2010-11-13)
Let me know if these helps.